- Amounts of required for animal life are so low that they are classed as micronutrients.
- Zinc oxide is widely used to supply zinc as a trace element for crops in fertilizers and sprays and for animal nutrition in prepared feeds. It allows crops to grow in sub-standard soil. 3X bushel per acre increase.
- Typical level of zinc in feed is 50 ppm (equal to 50 grams of zinc per metric ton of feed).
- Pre-mixes of zinc & other micronutrients may be added to feeds and generally contain 0.5-10 percent zinc.
- Zinc oxide is often preferred because of high purity, insolubility and low cost.
- Forms parts of enzyme systems; carbonic anhydrase (proper bone and eggshell formation), carboxypetidase (liver function) & lactic dehydrogenase (skeletal muscle function).
ZNO LLC Grade ZNO 500 recommended.